Thursday 14 May 2009

so bloody and wild

"As I kissed her goodbye, I said, " All beauty must die"
And lent down and planted a rose 'tween her teeth"



it's the kind of beauty you see in a different light every day, and it only ever gets more beautiful. every squint, every smile, every single movement it makes. They all grab me. It can't make a single step in the wrong direction, because it's the one that decides which way is wrong, in my opinion. It has slowly become the benchmark from which i measure others, which considering the sheer amount of measuring others I do, is quite an accomplishment. It's the reason I still get that feeling that something good could happen, that happiness isn't an unrealistic concept. It's also the reason that those hopes are dashed. It's a beauty that is simply out of my reach. Out of my league. Beyond my previously quite wide and formidable understanding. A wise man once said that a flower is always at it's most beautiful right before it dies. if that were true, it would seem that i won't be suffering for much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment