Thursday 14 May 2009

weeing myself over Chloé

well, i've always been quite a Chloé fan, even last season's collection was fabulous. rushed and skimpy looking i suppose, but fabulous all the same.

but Hannah MacGibbon has outdone herself this time. There was bound to be that 70s glamour feel that her and Frida Giannini are fond of (wavy long hair, bohemian silhouettes), but this fall's collection was moving a bit more into the early 80s. I could see Molly Ringwald in the Breakfast club wearing pretty much all of it, besides the odd floaty dress (which i thought there was a rather heinous amount of by the way). There were oversized blanket coats, rolled up Chinos, the prettiest little tan boots, leather shorts, tassles and a lot of draped hips. Oh, and black velvet, which is always a good thing in my eyes. AND THE MAKEUP, it got me giddy too. Eyebrows and cheekbones everywhere. It was actually like one of those crazy pictures you see in hairdressers...you know, the really old ones where the girls have bad hair and their faces are made of like, airbrushed plastic. Anyway, I'm in school so I can't post videos (maybe later, if i'm in the mood), but here's three of my favourite looks. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment